Monday, October 23, 2006

Bohunt Sabotage

Hampshire Jam is done and dusted, and seemed to go very well. I'll write some more when I get a moment, and when I've come down.

I did manage to get some music recorded to release at the gig. The initial run was 50 copies, with another 50 to follow. It's called "Bohunt Sabotage" and it consists of a single take playthrough of the main set, plus another version of the moody "Los Ashes" section because I didn't like the way that turned out (mostly because the Virtual Prophet had managed to go completely out of tune - so much for stable soft synths). There are a few moments of finger trouble and a couple of minor glitches which is why I thought it warranted a limited CD-R release. But bar those I really do like it, especially when I got it loud on the living room hifi.

On the day I was a little disappointed in the sales. I think the arrival of two or three Redshift discs (depending on how you count them) drained people's pockets too quickly. Afterwards, I passed most of the remainder to SMD, and they sold out within 25 minutes of being announced! I kept a few copies, so they will be going to SMD for some of the people who replied too late, and the second batch of 50 will follow on as soon as I can burn them. If you want to get hold of a copy then please contact SMD. I do intend keeping some to sell before the Gathering in Philly but there won't be many.

After that, I don't know exactly what I'll do, but this material will probably come out in one form or another. There is a lot of space for improvisation in the material, though, so it certainly will not be exactly the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home