Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Countdown... T-4 days

Things do appear to be shaping up nicely. I was left to my own devices on Saturday, and it was a very productive time. I think the set is basically complete bar a couple of bridges, and the process of getting the right sounds to hand. These are closely related things - I need to have a break to change sounds because once I'm playing it's hard to spare a hand to tweak the sounds. This is not helped by the Imposcar suddenly deciding to glitch the playback when it changes
patches, something I've never noticed before. I think I have a way round that, but it's more time consuming than just selecting the next patch from the keyboard. I think I can mitigate the problems by running two instances, one on each keyboard, so I don't need to change sounds in mid-section.

Despite a few rough joins where there are no bridges, I've played it through end to end. It's long enough, which is a bonus, and I think I like it. It has quite a different feel to airsculpture music, so I hope it goes down well with the hard-core Berlin school mob at HJ. I'm starting to wonder if I can get a clean mix done and burn some CDRs for sale at the gig, but first things first!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home