Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Two weeks to the Hampshire Jam

Not even two weeks, more like 11 days. Don't panic!

I've been slowly accumulating sequencer parts in Live. As my hands will be busy I've been trying to come up with grooves that are interesting enough to run for a while without hands-on tweaking. Things really came together when I took my laptop and the Edirol keyboard on holiday and started assembling them into a set. There's now about a dozen phases, all comfortable to play over. Still quite a lot to do - bridges, and finding suitable sounds for playing over each. I've been tending to use the same handful of patches while preparing, so I need at least distinct sound or two at least for each phase.

Currently everything is coming from the laptop. I'm not sure whether I'll rope in some hardware synths at the last minute. If I do end up with just a laptop and a couple of controller keyboards, it will be interesting to see what the audience reaction is. I hope it will be positive, as long as the sounds coming out are good enough. It will certainly be a contrast to the Redshift gear pile!

I was given a choice to either go on first or third. I chose first - I think I'd rather get it over with, and enjoy the rest of the festival rather than suffering through the morning set (and proabably being too hyped to enjoy Redshift!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home